How To Make A Reed Diffuser
What you will need to make your own reed diffusers at home.
- A suitable container, glass is ideal as it is inert (does not react) with your mixture.
You could re-use an old reed diffuser bottle or you can buy new bottles if you are buying a new bottle you will also need to buy a cap.
- Enough fragrance oil to add 25% to 30% of fragrance to your container. The bottles we sell are 200ml so you will need 50-60ml of fragrance if you are using one of these.
- A suitable reed diffuser base oil, we recommend Augeo Clean Multi.
- If you wish to colour your reed diffuser oil you will need suitable dyes.
- 6-10 reeds depending on the size of your container.
Next, if you have chosen to dye the mixture this is when you add the colour. If you are using one of our suitable dyes you will only need a couple of drops, I recommend adding one drop stirring and repeating until you are happy with the colour, its much easier to add more than to take out!
It is preferable to mix our reed diffusers liquid is a jug, as then, if you choose to make more than one reed diffusers at a time the mixture will be consistent, especially if you choose to add a dye.
Once you have your mixture, you simply need to fill your container and add the reeds.
If you have used your own container, and the reeds are to large you can trim them to make the diffuser more stable.
Ensure when filling the bottles you leave room for the reeds to be added so you don’t overfill.
You may find the use of a small funnel helpful for this job.
You can then add the reeds, place them into the neck of the bottle and into the reed diffuser mixture, allow them a short time to absorb some fragrance. Then carefully remove the reeds flip them over and place them back into the reed diffuser.
Now you are ready to enjoy your own handmade reed diffuser.