Cyclomethicone is a blend of decamethylcyclopentasiloxane and dodecamethylcyclohexasiloxane, often used in hair and skincare products Cyclomethicone is a clear odourless liquid that evaporates quickly, and leaves a silky smooth feeling to skin and hair.
It also makes a good room spray base, when combined with 5-20% fragrance.
Cyclomethicone has numerous applications and benefits that are beneficial to the home fragrancing market.
- Dry Oil Body Spray: Mix with EO or FO in ratios of 1:5 to 1:6 or greater. Also, depending upon strength of FO/EO, concentrations may be much higher than 1:6 as your perfume may be *way* too strong. (concentrations = FO:Cyclomethicone). If desired, first experiment with drops of FO/EO to test strength.
- After Bath Oil/Shower Body Oil: Mix with your favourite oil blend in concentrations up to 50/50 and add FO or EO to desired strength. Spray on skin after getting out of bath or shower, and then towel dry. Leaves skin silky & velvety without being greasy.
- Room Sprays, Linen Sprays: No more wet linens! Please test on any linens to make sure the FO/EO doesn’t stain.
- Lotions: Add to lotions, body butters, lotion bars, and creams to impart a decadent silky, soft velvety feeling! Add up to 1% to pre-made lotion base or 5%-20% to lotion made from scratch.
- Bath Salts, Bath Oils, and Scrubs: Add to bath oils or use instead of glycerin to add sheen to your bath salts and a silky feel to the bath water.
- Hair Care: Spray on wet hair for detangling or spray on dry hair to manage “frizz”. Spraying on dry hair adds extra shine too! Add to hair conditioners to give it detangling properties and a silky feel.